(with contributions from former harbourmaster Jack Dumbleton and former resident and boater Bill Valcourt)
After original construction there were:
- 250 slips
- Depth 10 feet at the rear 20 feet in the middle
- Length of boardwalk 3126’7″
- Planks on the boardwalk 20,319
- Number of nails 233,190
- Power and water pedestals 95: 54 on the boardwalk and 41 on the floating docks
- Lights in pedestals 190
- Light standards 38
- Longest dock is G dock at 176 ft 8″
- Piping 1.75 miles
As a member-run not-for-profit organization, Newport Yacht Club Stoney Creek serves a diverse community of boating and non-boating members by providing opportunities to access and experience one of Southern Ontario’s greatest natural resources in a safe, sustainable, and socially responsible way.
Bringing together those with a passion for the water by linking the enjoyment it brings with the responsibility of its stewardship.